Thursday, April 16, 2009

BORACAY April 09 - 11, 2009


Mhike was there April 9, 2009

I never planned the Boracay experience yet. I was thinking of going there with somebody else. But, Jordan, a friend who works in my brother's repair shop invited me to go there since his family's going. I guess he needed someone who can explore the party island with.

I mean I understand him, going there with kids running around and your aunties telling you to do this and that is awful! Hence, his invitation. So there, I conquered Bora! Lolz! Like I partied like a rockstar. Did not! Since I came here to Iloilo, I did not have as much money as I did in Manila. Went there with a very limited amount of money.

I'd say my Boracay Experience was a cheap-fun-vacation.

We left Estancia at around 8:00AM going to Caticlan, Aklan where we'll be taking a bangka to the party island. We got to the venue at around 3:00PM and Jordz met up with his uncle and then free-ride to the island!

Ignorant as I can be, I thought we'll be arriving on the beach itself but I was wrong. Lolz.
There's really a port and you need to ride a tricycle 20.00 pesos per pax to the Long Beach of white sand. The beach is divided into three terminals.

Terminal 1 being the location for the most expensive beach front hotels though I didnt really checked the hotel names. What mattered most in terminal 1 is Starbucks. Yes, after 3 months of staying here in Estancia I have never indulged in any Starbucks coffee. Thanks God Bora got one. Got me self a venti of Chocolate Cream Chip Frap and shared it with Jordan.


Beach view from 2nd floor SB Bora

We went back to Starbucks and this what I got for myself, Strawberries and Cream!


My Strawberries and Cream


Me at Starbucks Boracay

That was after eating at this seafood consume-all-you-can resto by the beach. Can't believe it I didnt even bother with what the resto's name was.


That was our dinner

Terminal 2 was more of the middle class of the three terminals.

Terminal 3 was where Jordan and I spent most of our sleeping hours. We got to Bora with no where to sleep. Accommodation was very expensive and very strict. It was the Holy week and a lot of people were there. I thought Andrew Wolf was still there but I saw Dion Ignacio, JC Tiuseco (which I initially mistaken him as Chris Tiu if I havent noticed his Survivor 2008 bracelet), Katrina Halili and Boy Abunda.


JC Tiuseco in Bora

So there, Jordan and I put up a tent every night under a coconut tree. It wasnt bad, the sand was uberly soft and white. The beach view was breath-taking. I thought I'll be disappointed.


They always rake the sand in the morning



This is where we slept. Tent!

Oh, on our second day, I thought it will be another day in Bora doing nothing. Turns out Jordan's aunt talked to someone to take us on a boat-ride to check out the entire island. We left at around 9:00AM then off to this diving spot to check the corals. Then to Puka Beach where the locals get the Puka Shells for accessories they make.

I used to work for expedia.com where we provide air, hotel, car and vacation packages. I used to look at the beaches in Jamaica with the beautiful by the beach hotel. I thought I'll never see one but as it turns out, Bora got their version.


During our Island-hopping


Me at Puka Beach, Boracay


At a cave entrance in Puka Beach, Bora


Boracay Island in the afternoon


Boracay Sunset


Sand castle


Stunning property in Boracay Island

I'll try to go back to Bora this time with a body suitable for the beach... haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment