Monday, April 27, 2009

SWINE FLU AND SOME RANDOM THOUGHTS

I was reading www.perezhilton.com and came across his blog post about the Swine Flu affecting the U.S. Initially, I didn't care since I don't eat pork or any of its product since I am a Muslim. Last night, I glimpse on TV, TV Patrol was reporting something about it. Still, it did not bother since I'm used to the Philippines over-reacting on matters affecting the US or other countries.

What triggered me to talk about this Swine Flu is the idea that human-to-human infection is possible and accordingly, it's airborne. Who wouldn't react right? So there, I google-ed what I can find about the Pandemic Swine Flu. Read below:

Human cases of swine influenza A (H1N1) virus infection have been identified in the United States. Human cases of swine influenza A (H1N1) virus infection also have been identified internationally.

I really did not read into the details much. What's important is this:

There are everyday actions people can take to stay healthy.

  • Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.

Try to avoid close contact with sick people.

  • Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.

These things are inside these things below


These things can kill these things below



That's the Swine Flu part of this post and the Random Thought part is, why a sudden outbreak of this flu? Why until now, cost cutting from companies are still here? Why are we going down economically? What's wrong with the world?

No comments:

Post a Comment