Thursday, April 23, 2009

OPERATION TULI Accomplished


At around 9:00AM Manong Boy fetched me to go Daculan, Estancia, Iloilo for the Operation Tuli (Circumcision). The place was a bit far and they're having their fiesta there as well. Estancia can never run out of fiestas.

An hour of preparation and all the kids were asked to line up and fill out a consent form for the minor operation. The nurse-in-me cannot wait to do something and play with blood.


Here's a picture of the kids ready for operation

So there, I assisted a couple of operations. Kids crying, others laughing, anesthesia here, pinch here, cut the foreskin and suture. I loved it! After lunch I was asked to circumcised a kid and so I did. It was bloody since it took me forever to suture his cut. But it was done okay, not as perfect as the physicians, it's there expertise anyways.

Can't wait for another Operation Tuli and this time I'm going to read before going. I felt unprepared without the basic nursing interventions for such case.

No comments:

Post a Comment